Lately God has been really teaching me a lot about praising Him in every circumstance I am in. I am at a very busy stage in my life where finding time to eat or use the bathroom is very difficult :) Any other mother can relate I am sure. I love my family so much and love even more this season of life I am in. It is exhausting but so rewarding and so worth every minute! Along the way though I really struggle with finding what I would consider a good amount of time to spend with the Lord each day. I love the word and the power in it and I equally love spending a good time in prayer with our Heavenly Father. He is and always will be my first love! And when I feel I am not spending adequate time with Him it is hard. But I love how gracious God is...He has been continually reminding me He is ALWAYS there no matter how much time I have for him in my day. Isn't it wonderful to serve a Lord who loves us enough to continually remind us of his presence! He has also been teaching me that in this stage of life I am in, I can praise him and acknowledge him in all I do throughout the day....when unloading the dishwasher for the second time...when doing the 5th load of laundry for the day...when washing bottles nonstop....when changing diapers....when driving the kiddos to school....when picking them up from school....when trying to figure out what is for supper at 4:30pm...when getting everyone fed and out the door by 5:30 for baseball for the second time already this week...when cleaning my house and by the end of the day it looking like a tornado just went through...when feeding the hamster we have, that for some reason will not die :)....when putting one of the boys in time out for the 3rd time....when showing them Christs perfect love in me so they can show others...when asking them or Kris for forgiveness for times I don't show Christs love...when going to the gas station and waiting in a long line to pay for the gas while my kids wait in a hot car for me, all because people feel the need to buy tons of cigarettes and lottery tickets :)...while trying to be responsible with our money...while trying to balance spending quality time with my family and keeping things up around here....while trying to have the energy to be emotionally available for my sweet husband at the end of a long day...
I am so thankful that God will take our best where we are at right now! So I will keep praising Him and keeping my mind on Him as best as I can in this season of life! One thing I try to do is memorize scripture and confess them over my family every day. The thing I love about it is I can do it while driving, while doing dishes, while feeding the baby etc. I am so thankful for the truths that the word holds. So here is a few of my many favorites that are easy to memorize and treasure in your heart and to renew your mind with!
"God encompasses us with favor like a shield. Everywhere we go, everything we do, we are favored of God." Psalm 5:12
"Thank you Father for sending your word to deliver us from destruction" Psalm 107:20
"Father your words are life to us. They are healing and health to all our flesh."
Proverbs 4:22
"We will not allow any corrupt communication to proceed out of our mouth. Instead we will speak only that which is good, full of grace and edifying to others." Ephesians 4:29
"In the name of Jesus, we dwell in the secret place of the most high God and abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1
"Because the Lord has given His angels charge over us, our lives are redeemed from destruction. No evil comes near us, and neither does any plague come near our home." Psalm 91:10-11
"Bless the Lord, O my soul: and forget not all His benefits." Psalm 103:1

2 comments:
Great thoughts and scriptures Nicole. No matter what phase God has us in, we have times that just feel so overwhelming. It's such a blessing that we have His presence all the time. It's such a good reminder to remember to turn to him each step of the way, even if it's while paying the bill, doing the laundry, or taking care of a trying patient at work:)
Oh, I really appreciated this post so much, Nicole! We are in the same season of life aren't we? So refreshing to me...thank you.
I'm going to copy some of those verses...love it!
Post a Comment