Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Everything I Own

Have you ever met someone that just made your life better, even if for only one day? Well God really ministered to me last week (or maybe I should say I took the time to stop and allow him to minister to me)! Last week one day I took the kids to the library and ran into a mom from Dawson's preschool. Her child had attended there last year and I recognized the daughter right away. I had never met the mom so I introduced myself and we chatted for a little while. We continued on with our kiddos playing in a big kids area in the library. The thing that ministered to me most about this lady (of whom I cannot even remember her name :) is her true Christ-Like qualities. I could overhear her playing with her girls. I can't even tell you anything specific she said but she is one person who had Christ's attributes flowing out of her. It was so moving and made me realize each day it is my #1 job to serve Christ and by doing that my life will continually be an example of what He is. He is gracious, loving, slow to speak, quick to listen, he is forgiving, he shows mercy, and kindness, self control...I could go on and on but I am so thankful God planted this lady in my life on that day. It was nothing she did but what Christ was doing inside her that blew me away! Later that week as I was driving I heard the song "Everything I Own" by Jason Gray. I don't recall hearing it before and was so moved by it. My prayer is that you take the time to listen to the words. I was crying of course because well I am a mom and I Love, Love, Love the Lord! The pictures I put with the song is just pictures from the last several years. Also I want to encourage you to please leave me a comment! I am so blessed by the few that do. I am even more blessed to see how many people have actually been reading my blog. There is people all over the U.S. reading it which is so cool but please leave a comment I would love to get to know who is reading my blog and if you don't I understand :)

7 comments:

RosyRose said...

hey nicole- thanks for stopping by and for your comments! I have only been blogging for either 2-3 weeks(I forget) but I have had so much fun meeting new people and connecting with friends from here. It's fun to be in touch with other ladies from around the globe isn't it! Love to see your passion and fire for Jesus. Your family is beautiful as well! Come over any time:) Rose

sherri said...

I loved this post, Nicole. That song is a favorite...thanks for posting it so I could really stop and take the time to hear the words...so powerful.

I've had the same thing happen where God has placed someone in my life to remind me how He wants me to be and what He wants me to strive for. So neat how He does that!

I love reading your blog...you're a wonderful friend!

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

WHAT A COOOOOOOOOOL POST!!! Seriously, it brought tears to my eyes. I LOVE the song (I'm pretty sure I'll have it downloaded on my IPod tonight)!! The pictures were beautiful...your boys are too cute.

You, my friend, are a shining example of God's steadfast love. You are an inspiration to me.

Have a beautiful week and thanks so much for sharing!!

Jamie

Mindi said...

Hello:-) I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes people are put in our lifes for an hour or a season and it touches us in some way. I have had this happen on several occassions. It just reminds me of how small we are and how big he is! I usually get to read your blog and have to run and don't get to comment! That's children for you:-) It is always fun to see pictures of the boys, I cannot believe how big they are getting! Keep in touch. For us non bloggers there is always email:-) Ha... Take care, Mindi

cheryl said...

It's always good to be challenged and encouraged by someone, even if for only a few minutes. It's also a good reminder to us that we never know when others are observing and taking cues from us. Thanks for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

I love that song and have never heard it before! I listened to the whole thing. I actually made a new folder "Blogs I like" and you are the first one in it! :) we had a great Bible study tonight. I asked your mom who was Tom and who was Dickie (The Smothers Brothers), she thought more like Moe and Curly! :) love you! great pictures! what a beautiful mom those little boys have!:)

Kelli said...

Hi Nicole. I found your site from Blissfully Happy... What a great post. And how great that the thing that impressed you most was Christ's character and not the woman's specific words. God is great!