Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Where has the time gone???

A week ago yesterday my oldest graduated from preschool!! I am amazed at how fast the time has gone. I was a great graduation and so much fun to watch all the sweet kiddos perform!! It was a bittersweet feeling walking in and remembering just how fast time goes and how each day does matter.
I realized I am SO thankful that I have been able to be at home with my sweet kiddos every day. It is something I now do not take for granted! Dawson starts full day kindergarten next year and my time with him grows shorter :( I am so thankful for a loving husband who desired for me to be home with the kids. Several times I wanted to go get a job :) but he gently persuaded me to cherish these times at home and I am so thankful he did. He is right it does go so fast... I am so glad I was there with my kids for all the firsts and all the everyday things that truly mean so much! I will never get these moments back and I am glad I was part of all of them! Dawson you are such a sweet spirited boy! You have grown into such a warrior for Christ! We love you so much!
My hubby had this plaque made for Dawson for graduation!
He took off work the next day (which was Dawson's last day of school) and they went to Dawson's favorite spot the Zoo!! They made some great daddy and son memories!!
If you can't read the plaque it says:
In recognition of your graduation from Blackhawk Christian Preschool
As you begin your journey to becoming a mighty man of God
My prayer for you is that you may stand firm as you take up the full armor
of God each and every day.
"This is my son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased" Matthew 3:17
Love, Dad

Me and my sweet boy!!


They had displayed lots of the kids artwork which was so fun to look at!!



Brotherly love!!

Dawson with his teacher and good buddy!



Dawson had a few speaking parts which was so fun to watch! He did a super job!

Diploma time!!


Daddy and Dawson!! On a side note...I am so thankful for my sweet hubby. He works so hard for our family but balances life so well!! His boys adore him as well as me :)





The cousins came to watch as well!!

Grandma and Grandpa

Nana and Papa

The Fam!!!


Miss Kathy

Miss Rhonda! She helped out occasionally in Dawson room this year!!

Uncle Bret and Aunt Dinah and Dawson's cousin due this July!!!


Dawson's teachers last year!





















2 comments:

Mindi said...

Awwww...I love it:-) I love all of the beautiful pictures too:-) Adorable. I wanted to get a job this past week, due to the terrible 2's, but we are very blessed to get to stay home w/ our kiddos.

sherri said...

What a sweet plaque Kris made for Dawson. I love it!

Congratulations, Dawson!! Before you know it, he'll be getting his high school diploma. Yikes...not ready for that yet. =)