Here's the deal I love Valentines day...everything about it! I think it is so fun to fill a day with everything centered around love!! Seriously I wish we could do this once a week. We are not big into purchasing the $80 flowers or spending lots of $$$$ on a fancy meal but just being together and enjoying the day!
I think in my head each year I have this perfect picture of how it should be and I can't help but laugh at the reality of how it really goes...........
1. Instead of sleeping in you are awakened suddenly by a child standing inches from your face saying I wet the bed.
2. You go no stop...and I mean NON STOP the entire day to Valentines Day parties at the kids school, which don't get me wrong there is no place I would rather be!!
3. In between the parties and dropping off numerous kids...seriously where do all these sweet kids come from...you quickly scarf down some lunch in order to rush off to the next party.
4. You dress pretty because you know its Valentines Day and you have to look nice on Valentines Day but by the end of the day you are so tired of sucking in the whole entire day...you know for all the valentine day parties....that the last thing you want to do is put on some pretty little undergarments and suck in even more in order to impress your husband. The reality is you want to come straight home throw on the old flannels and the mismatched t-shirt and call for a pizza and be done. :)
5. In dreamland I would have prepared a beautiful 4 course meal and slaved away at cooking it all day but reality is I threw some pasta in boiling water at 4:50 and threw some garlic bread in the oven. All the while my many small children suddenly all want to talk with me....which is so sweet and all that good stuff...but the baby is grabbing my leg the entire time crying for lack of sleep for the day!
6. And then it happens...my prince charming walks in the back door and I think oh Crap I really wanted to pick up the 150 toys that are all over the kitchen and dining room, and living room but strangely none on the toy room floor. You know to at least make it look inviting and well not a huge toy pit.
And I really should have put on more deodorant and perfume because I am sure I smell from the endless running but the reality of it all is I don't think I have even went to the bathroom since the early wake up call of child #2 wetting the bed.
7. And in dreamland I would then hand him a heartfelt card that I spent at least 1 hour writing to him but the reality of it all is his card is still in the back of the car along with all the other "stuff" that still needs unpacked from the entire day. And if I can keep my eyes open long enough after the kids are tucked snug in their clean beds I will write in his cute card just how very thankful I am for him!!
These days are CrAzY DaYs but I absolutely LOVE them. I seriously feel so incredibly blessed by the awesome and supportive husband God has given me. He is our rock, our encourager, our leader. He is incredibly patient, incredibly involved, incredibly humble! He forgives so easily, he loves unconditionally and unselfishly!
He is wise and realistic! He is ruggedly handsome and knows just how to care for our family!
Kris I am so very thankful for you and what you choose to daily do for our family and for the Lord! I will take these crazy filled non-stop days any time in order to be with you!!

3 comments:
sorry - that was me that posted and deleted.. i got trigger happy with the send button. here's what i meant to write...
Love this. :) And glad to know I'm not the only one who hasn't had time to go the bathroom... but I'm pretty sure that means we're both dehydrated! Ha!
Wow....so true made me giggle with boy #2 brought back memories of my son...everything you wrote hit home how true...but I would not trade my at times upside down little world for nothing!! Great post!
Post a Comment