Saturday, May 31, 2008

Our Friday


Let me fill you in on my Friday!
#1 Toilet was plugged and in my attempt to plunge it and unplug it, I overflowed the toilet. And not one of those overflowings where it trickles over, oh no it was gushing over. So I quick threw down towels on the floor (thank goodness we have tile) and I called my hubby home! He said it actually leaked down through the sink area and into our basement. So he had to go back to the office and pick up some of those huge fans Springfield uses when they go to water damaged jobs.
#2 Decided to surprise my hubby and mow the yard for him since I had to bug him with the whole toilet thing. I got the boys set up in their kiddie pool and went to start the mower. When I did this I pulled the chain that starts the mower right on out. Oh ya completely broke it. I knew if I let the mower shut off I could not finish the lawn for quite awhile till we got it fixed. So you got the picture. I had to watch my two active boys as well so that made for an interesting mowing experience.
#3 My neighbors had to think I was crazy because I had to yell loud in order for the boys to hear me (since I could not turn the mower off) Not more than 10 minutes later Dawson came to me and said I have to go to the bathroom, now normally I would tell him go behind the barn but not this time because he had to do more than #1. At this point his whole body is wet from the pool besides the fact that there is fresh cut grass all over his legs:) So I tell him try to wipe off as much grass as you can and hurry. Well he did his deed and came back out.
When I was finished we went inside and I saw the outcome of the bathroom! Since that was the flooded bathroom we used a giant fan to dry everything. Well lets just say there was fresh grass clippings everywhere.
I had to laugh at our Friday, there was several more things but those seemed to be the funniest!

The reason I share all this is because as I was outside looking around the Lord reminded me of how blessed we are. One thing Kris and I continually pray is that the Lord will help us see the needs of people around us. That is one way we feel led to serve the Lord and ever since we started praying that quite some time ago, he really has opened our eyes to alot of hurting people, people in need, people who just need someone to talk to etc. But with that type of prayer it does not always bring rosey fun times but alot of hard, challenging, emotional times. And as I looked around outside yesterday I realized how many problems there are just in our little neighborhood. It is a nice neighborhood and you always assume that most things would be ok but not so. As a side job (if that is what you want to call it), Kris does real-estate investing. Him and his two brothers buy properties and fix them up and rent them out. So Kris gets lots of calls from people letting him know about houses that are going to go on the market or auction or in several cases houses that are being foreclosed. This week he received a call about 3 houses within a 1/4 mile of us that are being foreclosed on. These are people like me and you who can't keep up. It breaks my heart to know lots of people are going through this now. I am so thankful for Kris and that he has always made us live way within our means. Then you have to wonder about their kids, are they getting their needs met? Then we have another neighbor down the way who we have overheard 3 times in the last 2 weeks getting into a huge yelling fight with their spouse. Kris said last night he heard another family down the way. The dad was screaming at his teenage daughter who was never home, and Kris said and you wonder why she never wants to be there. I don't know all these people personally but they are considered neighbors. And I realize in almost all these cases these people need Jesus, plain and simple. That is what Kris and I hope for that they can see Jesus in us.
Ok where I was going with all of this drama I mentioned is this, my Friday was not so bad after all. I will clean up a dirty bathroom any day, and I will let my lawn get a little long with out getting stressed out! Last night we got blessed big when my Mother and Father-in-Law took our kiddos so we could have a date. So thank you so much Dan and Diane it was a good way to end my day full of adventures!
Today be blessed and bless someone in need. It does not have to cost a dime just a simple prayer for someone makes all the difference!

3 comments:

cheryl said...

Nicole, we really have not spent all that much time together, but through chats we've had, your blog, and what you said up front at church on Sunday it's apparent that you have sincere concern for those around you. You and Kris keep praying that prayer. It's working, and it's a blessing to those that He directs you to reach out to! Thanks!

sherri said...

Nicole, such a neat post even though you had a lot of frustrations. It's nice to see and hear the real side of life. You are such a wonderful friend and I love your heart for others who are hurting. You may not know it, but you're a great example to me in so many ways...thank you.

I love the pictures of you and Kris! How did you do the one with the flower in focus and you two behind...I love it!

Nicole said...

Sherri to answer your question about the picture, I have found with my camera sometimes when I focus in on something the background becomes blurry. If that makes any sense so just focus on something and it should pick up whatever you want in the background... ok that may have made no sense so instead come see me on sunday and I will try to show you!