Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sunday

What a weekend! Sunday was a family day not by choice (not that I would not want to be together as a family) but Dawson woke up with an earache. Off to Redi-Med we went to confirm that it was an ear infection. By the afternoon he had spiked a temp and was not a happy camper. He had to miss a friends birthday party and a sleepover with his cousins at Grandpa and Grandma Millers. He was not happy so we loaded him with Motrin and sent him upstairs for a nap. We knew we had to make the evening interesting due to 2 missed occasions he really wanted to go to. When he woke up he seemed a little better so we decided to have a cook-out!
Roasting hot dogs and marshmallows makes any little sick boy happy! It was a beautiful night just the right temp. We ate our hot dogs, then went for a bike ride and followed up with marshmallows for dessert. Oh such a healthy meal :)


I loved this picture of Jake (my mom and dads dog). We are watching him for the weekend so those two love birds could get away for the weekend! I feel so sorry for them they are staying at Shipshewanna and eating at the Essenhaus :( Hmm my mouth is watering thinking about it!












1 comment:

sherri said...

Such fun memories! We love campfires here too. I hope Dawson is feeling better.