I just started a bible study on Ephesians and could not be more excited!! I just wanted to share one verse that really stuck out to me yesterday! Ephesians 1:3 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ."
"Who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing" means that in Christ we have ALL the benefits of knowing God--being chosen for salvation, being adopted as his children, forgiveness, insight, the gifts of the Spirit, power to do God's will, the hope of living forever with Christ. Because we have an intimate relationship with Christ, we CAN enjoy these blessings now. The heavenly realms means that these blessings are eternal, not temporal. The blessings come from Christ's spiritual realm, not the earthly realm.
This just really made me want to jump for joy and then slap myself for not always utilizing all these spiritual blessings he freely gives us. It is a choice daily whether or not we want to take him up on this sweet offer and use them!! Be Blessed my friends!

4 comments:
I am just finishing a Kay Arthur's study on Ephesians and just started a John MacArthur study on Ephesians for review ---- it's a great book. What study are you doing -- are you just studying it on your own?
Ephesians is a great book. A friend and I were working on memorizing the whole thing. I know....that's a bit ambitious, but still worthwhile. We got through chapters 1 @ 2, but have slacked. Need to get back at it. I like that verse. EVERY spiritual blessing is a lot of blessings! I think it's important, though, to remember that it says spiritual, not material, not physical, but spiritual. They're the most important anyway. It's just easy to get them confused. That's me preaching at myself, not you! Thanks for all the posts! I enjoyed reading them. Always good to hear what's going on. Hopefully I'll get to see you tomorrow morning.
Love hearing your excitement about your new bible study! God's Word is so full of things to learn and apply to our lives isn't it? Love it! Are you finished with Daniel?
Good stuff!
You are always so good at the spiritual reminders....I appreciate them!
Jamie
Post a Comment