Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines Day

I really enjoy Valentines Day. God has blessed me with some great memories of Valentines Day growing up as a child. My dad has always had a huge heart. Every valentines day my dad would buy my mom and each one of us girls flowers. Even as a child that meant so much to me. Well last year we started a fun new tradition as a family. Thanks to this great idea from my friend Sherri we would have a nice sit down RED valentines day Dinner!! My kids remembered it from last year and were very excited to do it again this year! The picture below is Dawson decorating the place mats we used. The picture above is Branson decorating his "mail box." I got this neat idea from a mom at Dawson's school. She found these cute mail boxes in the dollar section at Target. The kids put there names on one side with some cool valentine day alphabet stickers. They then put a few heart stickers on the other side. She puts her sons mail box on his dresser in his bedroom and she will occasionally write little notes to him and put the flag up so when he gets home he discovers he has mail. I thought it was such a sweet idea, so I quick bought one for Branson and my hubby :) Even they need encouraging notes!
Not sure what is going on with his neck here :)

Well as I was busily making our red supper for the family on Friday night I got a knock at the back door, and on the steps were a box of these beautiful tulips! My favorite flower! I usually tell my hubby not to buy me flowers because quite frankly they rip you off around this wonderful holiday but he surprised me and I was so thankful. He kept saying since he "ruined" the end of our vacation he has some making up to do! First of all there was no ruining of our vacation and I can forgive the poor man for something that was way beyond his control :) But hey I got some beautiful flowers out of it and a nice surprise Saturday night....


and here is my surprise on Saturday night. He had arranged for his Dad to take the boys and he cooked me an amazing supper. On the menu was Caramelized Pancetta and Fennel Salad, Shrimp Scampi with Linguini, Roasted Asparagus, and for dessert...Chocolate Covered Strawberries. Is he real...yes and he is taken :)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you clone him is my question?:)

Anonymous said...

hmmmm i did that wrong, i did not want to be anonymous . . . this is from your mom's bff. :)