Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Words

Matthew 12:35-37 "A good person produces good words from a good heart, and an evil person produces evil words from an evil heart. And I tell you this, that you MUST give an account on judgement day of EVERY idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."
If you look in your bible you will notice this is Jesus speaking. For quite a long time the Lord has been working big time on me with Idle Words. I really felt the Lord was telling me it was time to blog what I have been learning. My dear friends please know that when I type this I am talking to myself first :) And no one angered me or said hurtful things personally to me in order for me to talk about this, it was truly the Lord working in me that led me to blog this.
God has been teaching me just how powerful our words are. God spoke creation into the world with his words, and our world still runs by words. When you speak words on a consistent basis that is contrary to Gods word you deceive your heart. Think about your everyday life and how often for me especially being a woman and loving to talk we speak things we don't even think twice about. I'm not talking about cussing that is an obvious one. I am talking about the words we use when we get our little attitudes or things don't go our way. When someone does something we don't like and it hurts our feelings. I could go on and on but you get the picture. See the devil doesn't care if you mean what you say or not he just wants you to say it.
Hebrews 4:12 says "For the word of God is FULL of LIVING power. It IS sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are."
Romans 12:21 "Don't let evil get the best of you, but conquer evil by doing good."
Romans 12:17-19 "Never pay back evil for evil to anyone (and yes that includes with our mouths) Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible. Dear friends, never avenge yourselves. Leave that to God. For it is written, I will take vengeance; I will repay those who deserve it, says the Lord."
Psalm 37:30 "The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks what is just."
Luke 6:45 "The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."
OUCH!
Yes that is so true when we allow things to fester and make bitterness in our hearts it will come out in our words.
If mountains-"situations" are not moving when you speak, you may not be using your mouth for Gods purpose!
James 3:9-12 "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water."
In verse 7 it talks about how men cannot tame there tongue which is so true but guess what the awesome news about this is GOD CAN... Amen! He CAN do immeasurably more!!!! Your tongue was given to you to BLESS GOD and People!
Proverbs 4:23-24 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips."
Now I am going to be brutally honest :) I heard this phrase from a spirit filled Pastor who did a wonderful sermon on Idol Words. He said so often we hear "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all :)" He decided to rephrase it with " if you don't have anything nice to say SHUT UP!" Praise God :) I think we would be better off shutting up a lot more than we do :)
Here is the awesome part... When God looks at you as a believer what does he see??? He sees RIGHTEOUSNESS, A new creature, a child of God! When we bless with our mouth that is what he sees and that is such a strong desire of my heart. I personally have overdone my share of idol words but praise God that by that precious blood that was shed for you and I on that cross we can have victory over ANY part of our lives! When need to daily renew our minds in the SWORD of the Spirit, in the living word!! I realized in my walk when I speak contrary to the Word of God I set limitations on my life.
Now I am not saying we need to be fake or not confront sin for sin. But do it IN LOVE! For if you are walking in the Spirit you ARE walking in love! Whatever you say in your life will come to pass. We have to daily decide to speak words of faith! A lot of us have given our lives to Jesus but now we need to make him Lord! When Jesus was on earth he spoke what his Father spoke! Walk in the love of God!
Words will change your house! I really debated whether or not to touch on this but I may as well throw it all out there. And please keep in mind this is something I daily have to work on. We are either building up or tearing down our husbands and our children. Ladies our words we say to our husband GREATLY impact them. They truly need our respect. Some of you may say "oh it is easy for you to say you have a perfect husband" well my answer to that is YES I DO, PRAISE GOD! But we constantly have to build each other up by our words, we have to watch our every action and attitude we have towards one another. It is not always peachy but when our hearts our in line with the will of God, when we put aside our selfishness, when we seek the Lord first, when we bathe ourselves in the word of God, WHEW things go so much easier. When we tear down our husbands or our kids to our friends etc. expect what you say to come to pass in their life. I am not saying to not be firm and not discipline your kids that is an obvious but if you are constantly non-directly telling your child he is not good enough or he cannot accomplish whatever it is, trust me he or she will not! And I am not saying our spouses don't ever annoy us or cause issues but ladies PLEASE take that to the Lord and he will help you through it. Now I do believe there is strong women of God that have accountability partners that they can share things in confidence and in love about situations in their life. Just check your motives and your heart all the time!
Death and life is in the power of the tongue. You have the ability to speak life into your life and into your situations. Things can be changed by the spoken word of God. And remember our fight is now with flesh and blood but with the evil one. The devil cannot not curse you he can only do what YOU allow him to do by the words of your mouth. Satan wants you to quit, DON'T QUIT!
At the name of Jesus EVERY knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is LORD! There IS POWER in the name of JESUS! Friends embrace that and accept that and live in that every single day! Stop settling for less than Gods best for you!
1 Timothy 1 :17 Glory and honor to God forever and ever. He IS the eternal King, the unseen one who never dies; he alone is God. Amen"
Well I will leave you with this, Pray scripture, Pray scripture, Pray scripture! His word IS ALL truth. And please know I shared all of this in complete humility and in love. I want to always be obedient in what the Lord lays on my heart to share. I will share with you a confession I got from a pastor that I love to pray for my family!
"In the name of Jesus every negative word, every idle word, every attack of the enemy I cancel your assignment, I render you useless and I say no weapon formed against me shall prosper, and any tongue that rises against me in judgement shall be condemned, nobody can curse what God has blessed and I am blessed.
I believe in my heart that Jesus was raised from the dead and I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord. Jesus is my Lord, I am born again. I am a new creature in Christ Jesus, all things are passed away and all things are new. I am special in God. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. The greater that is within me is greater than any obstacle. He's greater than any doubt. He's greater than any fear. He's greater than any curse. I am redeemed from the curse of the law. I walk in the blessing. I am blessed Spirit, soul, body. My family's blessed and protected by the Lord. I apply the blood of Jesus on my family. My children are taught of the Lord and great is their peace.
Father in the name of Jesus I confess the blessing on my ministry. I confess the blessing on my finances. I want to lack for nothing, because my God supplies all my needs. My marriage is blessed. My family is blessed. My house is blessed. And all that I lay my hands to do prospers and succeeds, in the name of Jesus.
Do not let the enemy steal what has just been spoken.

6 comments:

cheryl said...

Wow, Nicole, when you say you have something to share, you're not kidding! This is so much good stuff. I'll have to read through it a few more times. Lots of scripture too. I like that. Neysa Lichty taught a class about words and their power. We don't think about it often enough. Thanks so much for taking the time to share this and pass on the encouragement you've gotten.

Anonymous said...

Amen sister preach it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow, what an awesome message! I hadn't check your blog for a few days and wouldn't you know what I have been reading this week is Proverbs. (Isn't it amazing how God works!?!) I was studying Prov. 12 today and wow does it have a few things to say about our words! Verse 18..."Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." Am I bringing healing to those I speak to? Also, verse 22..."The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful." The Lord detesting me...that alone should make the words coming out of my mouth be pleasing to him!! Keep following what the Lord puts on your heart my dear! :)
(BTY, yes, I was the comment deleted by Nicole...I had several misspelled words so I called Nicole and asked (begged) her to let me repost!! Where is spell check when you need it?!? :)

kate said...

Thank you for some good reminders, Nicole! I love ya!

sherri said...

Wow, what a great reminder Nicole! Thanks for taking the time to write what was on your heart. I agree, I'm going to reread this a few times...lots of good stuff in there and love the scripture!

Keep preachin' sister!