Thursday, June 25, 2009

June has been a very busy month but a fun one!! There has been t-ball games, baseball games, awesome sermons, a baby shower for my sister-in-law Dinah, our 9th wedding anniversary, fathers day, a trip to Columbus Ohio for my cousins wedding and the zoo and water park (all of which I have no pictures but I would highly recommend the zoo and water park, it is well worth the money). We watched my sister and brother-in-laws kids when they went on vacation which was SO much fun! Part of the time I had their two boys and the other part I had both the boys and the two girls which including my own boys... officially making me Carol from the Brady Bunch:) And I truly enjoyed every minute of it! They are great kids! There was strawberry picking, raspberry picking and jam being made! My first time to Trader Joes which I loved and so wish we had one around here! And to end the month of June I volunteered at our church's VBS which was so much fun! I was able to be Dawson's teacher so he loved it! Yet another wedding and a girls night out last night! As fun as the month has been I am looking forward to a low key July before summer is done :)
When I had my nephews spend the night they requested pancakes the next morning so I wanted to share a healthy recipe I use! Even though it is healthy they gobbled it up so enjoy!
Moist Yogurt pancakes with Blueberries
1 cup Bob's red mill organic whole-wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1tsp. baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk (use organic if you can)
1/2 cup plain yogurt (make sure it is all natural)
Sift together Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, baking soda and baking powder. Combine in another bowl the egg, milk and yogurt and whisk. Pour liquid into flour mixture and stir until dry ingredients are blended with liquids. Fry on hot greased griddle, turning once. (I drop in the blueberries as they are cooking)




4 out of the 6 all snug as a bug :)




1 comment:

sherri said...

Thanks for the recipe!! I'm always looking for healthy recipes that are good.

You're a cool aunt!! =)