I have heard Disney World is a magical place....well I wasn't feeling it at first but let me start at the beginning!
Well we decided to drive down to Florida this year! We have flown down here every year for the last 7 years so my husband really wanted the boys to experience "seeing the country-side" While I said they have seen it fine from the airplane window the last several years I understood what he meant :)
But there is something to be said about getting on a plane and 2 hours later being in Florida!
Well he convinced me and we prepared for the "long drive"
I was actually getting a little excited! The boys travel very well but I was not sure how Ellie would do?!?!
I started buying little cheap gifts for the boys and wrapped them up so they could open one every so often on our drive down!
So last Tuesday we picked Dawson up from school and started heading south! I loved seeing Dawson's face when we pulled into his school to pick him up! I could tell he was bursting with excitement! Well we hit the open road and all was going well! We stopped for supper just south of Indy! The plan was to eat and let them run around a little then get back in the truck and hopefully everyone would eventually fall asleep and when they would wake we would be close to Disney World! Insert a very sarcastic laugh right here ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Well lets just say it was the LONGEST DRIVE OF MY LIFE!!!
We have come to the conclusion we will be flying every year and wherever we go for the next several years until Ellie is old enough to understand she needs to stay in her car seat and that it is fun to sleep in the truck!
The boys did wonderful! No fighting, they slept great, no complaining at all!
Ellie on the other hand barely slept at all but screamed most of the way down :( She did not in any way enjoy "seeing the country-side")
Our plan was to drive straight through the night, trying to make it easier on the kids! We figured they could sleep all night and when they wake we would be close to Disney! Well enough about that!
So we arrived at Disney! 2 tired parents with little to no sleep and one very grumpy little girl, but two very well rested and happy boys!!
So we loaded back into the bus and headed back to our room!
We came back to the room the first night and we were all asleep by 8:30 :) We slept a solid 10 hours and it felt WoNdErFuL!!! On day 2 we woke up to rain. We headed to breakfast and came back to the room! We broke down and bought some Disney ponchos! We stayed in the room till 2:00 that afternoon due to tornado warnings!
Ellie got a good afternoon nap! Then we got a knock on the door! A Disney Employee delivered a Mickey bag filled with all kinds of snacks and another bag filled with a stuffed animal for each one of our kids! I have to admit I was taken back that someone would do this for us!! It seriously made our day! The kids were jumping up an d down all excited about their new stuffed animals and they have slept with them every night since! So a BIG thank you to whoever blessed us with such a generous gift!
Well despite the rain we put ponchos on and headed to Magic Kingdom! When we arrived the rainy day parade was going on and I was quite impressed! The kids got to see several of the characters!
Cutie Pie in her poncho!
Branson and Daddy! Dawson would be way behind them trying to hide from the characters during the parade! He wasn't feeling the magic!
After the rain we headed to the back of the park and saw Peter Pan!
But despite the pouring down rain and trying to keep the stroller and 10 bags I thought we needed to take, dry we had so much fun!
Ellie sporting her poncho with her finger in her nose! That's my girl!
Ellie and the boys loved the carousal! We were also able to ride the Dumbo ride (in the rain :) and were we able to ride "Its a small world!" It was fun but I still wondered in the back of my head is this really worth the money!
After a few rides we headed back to our resort for supper!
Stay tuned for part 2 of Disney....will we feel the magic?!?!?!

No comments:
Post a Comment