Sunday, February 12, 2012

November 2011

November came and went quickly and included Dawson taking a tumble from the monkey bars at school! The poor guy was so brave and the wounds healed up quickly!
The boys received the World Vision catalog in the mail and was bound and determined to help these kids out! I loved seeing their excitement! I really want my kids to learn to give from the heart! They immediately asked Kris and I if we would give them money to give some gifts and the easy response would have been yes but we wanted them to learn all about giving! So we told them to get their piggy banks out and we would match whatever they would give!
They sat and looked at that catalog for hours! No Joke! They kept counting their money to see what they could purchase! We finally did a family vote on what items to purchase and the boys had a huge smile on their face! They gave till it hurt! And I was so proud! I think the biggest blessing was hearing their prayers that they still pray to this day for the families receiving the gifts! They prayed for the family but also that God will multiply the money they gave to bless the families even more! They have some PrEcIoUs child-like faith!
On a funnier note, I cannot for the life of me get my family to take a normal picture lately! This picture just plain scares me, except for the hot man holding the little girl :)
On thanksgiving day I ran in a 4mile run! It was CoLd! But so worth all the food I ate that day :) My sweet family came to cheer me on! Branson was a little unsure of this "turkey" grabbing him for a picture and I don't blame him one bit!
Before the race...I'll spare you the after the race pictures!

My brother-in-law and 2 nephews ran in the same race! What troopers they did great!!! I was so proud of them!
Our tradition after thanksgiving is to go to the local tree farm and cut down our Christmas tree!
So off we went in search of the perfect tree! The weather could not have been any nicer!
My cheesy sweet girl!
The boys love running around looking at all the trees!
Decorating the tree!!!
And we are officially done with November folks...and only 3 months behind!

No comments: