Tuesday, March 11, 2008

More Jesus


Last week one day I was getting the boys a bath. Usually when Kris or I give them a bath we try to read a devotional to them. Well this particular day they we listening fairly well so I read them a couple different devotions. After I stopped reading and put the book away Branson looked at me and in his "Branson Voice" (which means only Kris and I usually understand him) he said "More Jesus Mama" You know being a mom is sometimes a very difficult and challenging thing but it is moments like these that make it all worth it!
*Last night I was sitting with Dawson right before bed working on a calendar we have on our refrigerator. Dawson saw it and asked what we were doing tomorrow and I said I am not sure Mommy and Branson aren't feeling very good (colds) so we may just stay home and rest. He threw his arms up and said "Mommy I know you and Branson can stay home and Daddy will take off work and take me shopping to get a present for you to make you feel better" He then said " Now mom I will tell what it is but you have to forget it ok?" I said ok that is so sweet. He said "Mom it is earings, now get it out of your head right now." "Mom we better pray" and he quickly folded his hands and prayed "Dear Jesus, thank you for this butiful (beutiful) day, right now I pray mommy can get those earwings (earrings) out of her head and help her not wemember (remember) them... Amen" I was trying so hard not to laugh. It is once again these moments where you feel like you did on ok job :)
*A week ago today Dawson and I went over to Bekah's house. Bekah and Dawson are good friends and have lots of fun together! Lori (Bekahs mom) being so brave and sweet opened her house to alot of moms from Dawsons class and her Mops group! We got together and had breakfast and to make the "12 days of Easter eggs!" It was so much fun if you have never seen them. It is 12 eggs with 12 different objects in them that represent the Lords death and resurrection. They are so cool and you sit with your kiddos and go through each egg to hear the whole story! It was so much fun to see the other moms and meet some new ones. I do not have any pictures because I totally forgot to take any. To much gabbing I guess :) So if anyone is interested in knowing how to do these let me know and I will send you a copy of the instructions. Also I did this with my Wee Kids class on sunday and have about 3 left. So if anyone wants one e-mail me and the first 3 will get them! And thanks so much to Lori for such a great time!

1 comment:

sherri said...

We use that same devotional book for our kids. =) So sweet to hear what Branson said. They soak up so much at this age it just amazes me.