Monday, March 10, 2008

Our Weekend Away


This is dedicated to all my dear "older friends" who rag me for getting away "all the time"
The truth is I do go on dates alot with my hubby and I love every minute of it :) We could not do it without the help of my mother and father-in-law, my mom and dad, and our sweet babysitter Abby who just got accepted to IU and will be leaving us this fall :(
A couple of weekends ago Kris and I were able to get away for the weekend ALONE. My dear mom and dad took the two kiddos for us and we headed off. We first went to the outlets in Fremont. Childrens Place had all there winter clearence marked at .99 $1.99 and $2.99 Throw a 30% employee discount in there and you get a sweet deal on alot of clothes! From there we headed up to Michigan to a childrens resale shop I heard about. It was a very neat store but after paying dirt cheap prices for new clothes it was hard to pay $5.99 for a used Gap T-Shirt!
After that we headed to there local mall in Kalamazoo. They had a Limited store there which I totally miss here at Glenbrook. After looking around we decided to head to Plymouth Indiana where we stayed overnight! Plymouth is just south of South Bend. Hmm how ironic that we had to go by South Bend :) Go Irish!! We stayed at the Swan Lake Resort. I know you are thinking I have never heard of the place, but neither had I. Kris had put a bid in to do some work up there and so he started checking the place out and it is really nice! It is a golf club resort type deal. It has a spa and restraunt etc. It was a very beutiful place. Kris is bidding on a new Reception Hall they want to add on there. So we got checked in and headed to the restraunt. It was so so so good. We both had steak that was the best steak we have ever had. Sunday we woke up and headed back home so we could eat at Cracker Barrel :) My parents weren't ready to hand the kids back over but they brought lunch for us and we were able to talk about our fun weekends! The boys had lots of fun with them. My mom and sister went to my cousins cheerleading competition. Which they got 1st place in ( GO BRITT :) And my dad took the two boys to see my grandma Fannie, and then out to lunch. That night Branson stayed with my mom at home (he goes to bed early:) and my dad took Dawson to one his favorite places "Bullriding" Every saturday night in Van Wert they have bullriding! They had some good quality time. Thank you mom and dad!!

1 comment:

sherri said...

Glad you had a nice time on your weekend away! I agree that it's pretty hard to beat those prices at the outlet right now.