Sunday, June 29, 2008

A wonderful week!

Well I will begin with two Fridays ago...Sad to say but I had our sweet babysitter come so I could hit some garage sales :) My friend lives in Hawthorne Park and gave me heads up on their additions garage sale and it was a success!
Here is some pictures of what I found, they may bore you but I was pretty excited!!
I found a bike that attaches to the back of our bike for Dawson!
We were thinking of getting him one for his birthday in July but at this cheap why not get it earlier!!

I found several shirts for Kris...all his size and from Banana Republic and J Crew!! They looked brand new to! All $2 a piece! I wanted to ask the Lady if she could go clear out her husbands closet for more stuff but I figured that would be inappropriate! :)
A new toy box for Branson's room... $8
At one house I found several awesome home decor items! This was my favorite though! $7 for the pair! I also found two new wool pea coats for winter...$2 each. Tons of clothes for the boys...Tommy swim trunks, Nautica fall jackets and swim trunks, Osh Kosh dress pants, 2 new fleece Columbia jackets Dawson, Gap shirts. I also got some neat Stampin Up stamps sets!

It was a successful Garage Sale DAY!!

On Sunday we had a very encouraging sermon by Pastor Don. He talked about the theme of VBS. His point was do we want a thrilling ride with Jesus? The one thing that really convicted me that day was when he said..."When you have a thrilling life with Jesus it consumes you." Ouch...I realized my life is not always consumed by the Lord...that is certainly my hearts desire though. Life seems to get busy...and along the way we let to much creep in and take over! I realize we all have situations but we can always come up with an excuse why we are to busy to do this or that and my thinking is the only thing stopping you is you. So it was a great reminder to me to open my heart and schedule to let the Lord consume me :)
Also on Sunday we had a bridal shower for my cousin Natali on the Yoder side! It was so much fun to be together. She is getting married in August to a wonderful man named Wes!
When us Yoders get together there is NEVER a dull moment! We have always been a very close family and still our to this day...they have been a huge blessing to me! We always get a little goofy and crazy if you can tell from these pictures :) Not all the cousins are in this picture but her is some of them! The bride to be is sitting in the chair! And the youngest girl being held is my sweetie pie niece Zoey!
My wonderful older sister Jaime who is going to kill me for posting this but in our goofiness we like to show our stuff! I am mightily impressed for a mother of three sweet babes, she still has it in her! I love ya sis :)
Now this is serious talent here! My mom is on the left and my Aunt June is on the right! I won't put their ages...well I will say my Aunt June celebrated her 50th last Thursday :) And look at them still limber and lots of fun :) If I can be like this in my 50's life will be treating me good!


Well Monday started a week long VBS! It was so much fun...I got to teach some sweet kiddos who were 4 years old. Well Monday night on our way home Dawson kept saying he did not feel well. Well it could of have had something to do with the fact that it was 10:30pm and he should've been in bed! Well after a good spilling of his cookies in the driveway he slept like a sweet babe and was bouncing off the walls the next day. I had buckets ready just in case but he never needed them so here they are being goofey!
By Wednesday these cute little chefs were helping me make some yummy cookies...which I was so glad we took time to do!



Wednesday was crazy hair day at VBS so that is why our hair is painted purple and green!
My "G-Friends" Jayne and Sherrie looking HOT!
During Bible School my sister told me that my Aunt Gayle and Uncle Bob's barn was hit by a tornado! We drove over after bible school...crazy hair and all...it was unbelievable. My Aunt June and Uncle Dave live right next door and my uncle was able to see some of it. The tornado actually lifted up the barn and threw it all over the field while most of the contents of the barn lay right on the barn foundation not moved. It was unlike anything I ever saw. My aunt Gayle was at bible school with us but my uncle Bob was at home and thankfully was not hurt.
When we left their house that night Dawson was asking lots of questions and Kris said to Dawson..."That tornado was very powerful but God is even bigger than that tornado." It was so neat to hear him convey to Dawson just how big our God is! It was such a sweet reminder to us all!

Dawson getting a good hair cut after our crazy hair day painted hair :)




Saturday we had a garage sale at my house and we had lots of fun! It was my mom and my two sisters and my good friend Kris Hood who came over! We had fun just sitting and enjoying each others company! The boys and my dad went fishing so it was a very quiet day:) On Sunday we woke up and went to church then headed up to Pokagen. It rained most of the way up there...so after a picnic in the car the rain let up and off we were on the bike trails! It was so much fun and the trails are really nice!
After the bike ride we headed to the beach! The boys kept saying "this is just like Florida!" I had to laugh and think to myself no this is not Siesta sand but it sure was lots of fun!





After the beach we were leaving and I told Kris can we please stop by the childrens place outlet real quick...and being the sweet man that he is he let me venture in! I am so glad I did because check out these deals! This first picture is Dawson's Easter clothes and what not for next spring. Each item was $1.99 and then with my employee discount of 30% off it came to $1.40 an item! Oh Ya I was beyond excited :)
Jeans for Branson for this winter ended up being $2.10 a pair!
Branson's easter outfit for next year....$1.40 a piece!
What a sweet way to end the weekend!







1 comment:

sherri said...

Our recent posts are pretty similar. :) Don't you love Pokagon? I made Kevin stop at the outlet on our way home last weekend too. It was pretty exciting to buy ahead for next season and get so much for so little.

Those leg stretching pictures are priceless! Love it!