Sunday, April 27, 2008

Moms Night at Preschool

Me and my little stud muffin!
The tables were decorated so cute with artwork the kids had made!

Dawson and Miss NicoleDawson has been so blessed with two awesome and wonderful teachers. I am going to be so sad at the end of the year. This first year has completely blown me away! The teachers are just such neat ladies and the moms I have gotten to know have been so wonderful!

Our Placemats!

Last Tuesday night Dawson's preschool class had a Moms Night. We went to his classroom and had a delicious supper together and then did the "About my Mom" questionares! It was so neat to see what each child said about their mother! And very funny as well :) Here is what Dawson said about me:
What is your Mom's name? Miss Nicole
How old is your Mom? 5
How tall is she? Big
How much does she weigh? 40 lbs. :) of course that is correct!
My mom is so ...... happy when I take care of somebodys pet ?!?!
What does Mom do for work? Cleans the house :) (man where is my paycheck)
What is her favorite food? Macaroni & Cheese
What is her favorite TV show? Mom & Dad shows
What is her favorite thing to do? play with us
My mommy is the greatest.... mommy I ever had :)
What do you love to do with mom? Clean
What does your Mom do while you're at school? She goes shopping, and she goes home and does stuff :)
When mom comes to school, what do you want to do with her? Play barn
It was such a fun night to be alone with Dawson he constantly amazes me. He is at a really fun age where he is starting to understand alot and he has 159, 425 questions a day to ask so good thing we have a 15-20 minute drive to school :)
Awhile back I started to write down things he would say because they just crack me up. He is such a boy and the thing that amazes me is he tries to be so positive about things even when he is in trouble :) Here are some fun examples!
*Dawson heard a praise song on the radio while we were driving and he said "Mom this reminds me of Heaven and of Florida :)"
*We were driving in Fort Wayne one day and he said "Isn't it a beautiful day. Isn't it Branson. And Branson they even have a Chuck E Cheese in this town."
*One night at supper Branson took the liberty to squish a tomato and the seeds and ooze went all over and Dawson says "Wow Branson you got all the seeds out of the tomato, thank you Branson, now we can see the inside of a tomato. Ketchup comes from tomatoes"
*One night Dawson moved the love seat across the living room floor. Shocked I walked in and said what in the world are you doing? His response was " Ya I moved that all by myself, I am strong, I had a bunch of watermelon for lunch."

He brings me a smile alot through the day!!


2 comments:

sherri said...

I loved reading this post. So cute to hear what Dawson had to say about his mommy.

I agree with you about this age. The things they say sometimes just crack you up.

cheryl said...

I read the baseball post and then stopped, completely missing this one. They do say the cutest things, don't they?

Thanks for the note today as well. As I shared about Deck 8, it didn't even occur to me to ask others where their Deck 8 is. So far, everyone that's commented has answered the question anyway. I'v enjoyed learning what others have to say. Sometimes the location has a huge effect, but most importantly, it's the Companionship we find there;)