Saturday, June 5, 2010

It's official......

there is a first grader in our house! I honestly cannot believe how fast he has grown! He has loved being in Kindergarten! He has learned so much and has been getting great grades! I am so proud of him! Last Thursday was his last day of school and I was able to enjoy a day at the park with him and his class! I love seeing him interacting with his friends! It was a beautiful morning and we enjoyed a picnic lunch then headed to Dairy Queen for a blizzard! I told both of the boys on the last day of school they could each choose a place to get ice cream from! Boys love any reward that deals with food :)

After a day at the park Dawson drew this picture for me! I will treasure this one for a long long time!
Here's the gang at the park playing "Red Rover"




Dawson and his teacher Mrs. Brown! Boy we were so blessed by her this year! She made Dawson's first year in elementary school so fun! She has such a gift for teaching and you can tell by how much the kids learned and enjoyed it along the way! She is a true example of someone who lives their life for Christ! She would pray with the kids and used many opportunities to teach them about the Lord! I am so thankful for that! We will greatly miss her this summer, but there is comfort in knowing she still has two more Miller kids heading her way :)





1 comment:

sherri said...

What a sweet sweet note Dawson made for you. A treasure indeed! Can't believe our boys are 1st graders...it's really going to fly from here. :)