Monday, August 18, 2008

A Buggy Night in the Miller House!

Friday Night we had a family bug night!
Ya I know what possesses someone to have a bug night? Well I happened upon a ladies blog and I cannot remember how I linked to it but I have really enjoyed her blog. http://www.whittakerwoman.typepad.com/ Here is the link. Anyway her family has a themed family night usually once a week. I thought what a great idea. The teacher in me is resurfacing! (Kate I think it is time I break out the lesson plans once again:) It does not have to cost much and it is actually a lot of fun! So I asked Dawson what he would like to do for our family night last Friday and he said a "Bug Night." A boy through and through!
We all had Ant antennas or whatever you want to call them! Kris would not wear them outside?!? Hmm I wonder why!
Worm cupcakes for dessert!
A game of Pop the balloon with insects hiding inside!
A game of "Put the sticker on the bug" of course blind-folded!
A bug search outside!
Our lovely findings!
And to finish the night "A Bugs Life" movie while wearing bug PJ's!
(No I did not go and buy new pj's for bug night, we already had them :)
It was a lot of fun to slow down for once and enjoy being together! And the kids were in bed sleeping by 7 :45 so Kris and I were able to watch our own movie!



4 comments:

cheryl said...

What a cute idea. It looks like a lot of fun! Are you a teacher? I didn't know that.

Unknown said...

Nicole, you are so amazingly creative!!

Julie said...

What a fun idea - very creative!! I'll have to check out that website - thanks for sharing :-)

Kris said...

Oh my, I am feeling like I need to get my butt in gear and start creating memories! You are such a good mom!