Thursday, August 21, 2008

You have got to be kidding me lady

Well the story starts at Meijer...the blessed grocery store :( If I knew how to make a mean face I would. After an hour and a half of grocery shopping and entertaining two boys I go to check out. Well we had one of those fancy tv carts that should magically make your childrens rears stayed glued to the seat but I guess our cart did not have that fine feature! I realize I need to go get a regular cart because you are not allowed to take the tv carts outside. Well no problem there, I got the two boys and we headed to the other end of the store to get a cart. At this point I realize Branson has totally soaked through his diaper. When we got back my groceries were all rung up and I paid. I got all the groceries loaded into the new cart. And yes at this point I am sweating...one of those sweatings where you don't feel real pretty at the time. Then I realize I need to push the tv cart back myself because the Meijer lady sure is not moving. Mind you there is no one in line behind me...she is just standing there staring at me :) So I go to push the tv cart back and realize the wheels were locked up...which is another feature of that dandy cart...after so long after you check out the brakes lock up so no one else can use them :) So I tell the sweet lady who would not move her rear "The cart is locked up what do you want me to do?" She says "You are supposed to just push it back." At this point my teenage years were dwelling in me again and I wanted to give her the biggest eye roll ever but I didn't...I just pushed the cart. Well I get about 8 feet and this cart is not going anywhere....it is in the middle of the main drag there and I thought ok lady this is as far as I am going. So I leave it, turn around to make sure my kids are still where I left them and I leave. I know I am such a rebel but at this point I really wanted to drive that cart into that lady and tell her...well lets just say the good Lord reminded me to have perspective once again. But I did give a little huff and a half of an eye roll as I walked by. Watch out ladies, she is out there and she is waiting to watch you suffer!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!!

sarah said...

I hear ya girl!!!
we had the same experience with those carts and I believe I had that exact same check out lady!!

Kris said...

That's why I go to Walmart! Thanks for a good laugh at 10:25 to finish out the day.

Julie said...

:-) Thanks for sharing -- it's "nice" to know others have days like that. I find it soooooo hard to bite my tongue when things like that happen.

Unknown said...

How funny!!! I saw your comment about cooling off from the lady at Meijer on facebook and wrote on your wall you should blog about it, and here you did. Great story. I've had the same kind of run-in's with Meijer employees. It seems shopping with toddlers brings out alot of emotions. It is like an Olympic sport to take children shopping anywhere. I sure never thought all those feelings would run through my mind before I had children. It just looked so easy b.c. (Before children) And then you have employees of stores that seem to just like to "watch" the sport of you sweating. I feel your pain. Hope your having a bucket of icecream or something tonight.

cheryl said...

Hahaha. After the experiences you and Heather had, maybe a regional manager needs to be involved to let the cart nazis know they need to lay off a little. Seriously!

sherri said...

What a day, girl! You're right, can't imagine you with a mean face. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sister! I loved that story about the cart! Do you have a coupon for that butt glue?:) Anyway, thanks for making me laugh! See you soon!

Mindi said...

Ha!!!!! I know exactly what you mean. Especially about the over it sweats after a grocery marathon. That makes me cherish the times I get to go to the grocery kidless!That is hilarious, but I feel your pain.