Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bible Memory Verses!

One thing I love about Blackhawk is that they require the kids to memorize scripture! I think there is nothing more important than planting those truths in our children's hearts! Each week Dawson has to memorize a new scripture as well as do an activity with us at home that goes along with the verse! It has made me realize I am in this for the long haul :) Each year will get harder and harder which I am thankful for. I use to always say I am just no good at memorizing scripture but now I have no excuses if my 5 year old can do it! Here is a clip of the verse he had to tell his teacher today! Branson also loves to try to say the verses each week, so I of course had to include a clip of him! I love how even though they cannot sound out all the letters they still try hard and it means so much to them when they finally get the whole verse down!

3 comments:

sherri said...

Sooo sweet!! I loved hearing their little voices. Caedmon & Kaiya enjoyed watching the videos too.

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Absolutely PRECIOUS...love it.

Oh, and I left a comment on the birthday post...I'm a little late (sorry)!!!

cheryl said...

There's not much you can teach them that's more valuable than that!