Monday, September 22, 2008

My baby is turning 3 soon!




So this is my baby at 1 year old and he is turning 3 soon :( I can't believe how fast he has grown up! So my dilemma is what else does my child really need? I am sure all moms face this problem. Dawson and Branson have way to many toys. Don't get me wrong I am so grateful for them except that fact that how many does a child really need? With his birthday coming up I want some clever, creative, whatever type of ideas for his birthday! He is big into construction vehicles, tractors, and any type of sport. BUT he has all of those he could possible ever need. As well as the big ride on toys. Each year at the beginning of school one of my grandmas buys my sister and my kids a years membership to our local children's science museum. And we always buy a zoo pass each spring. So you can see I am a little stumped as to what I should tell family to get for him. So help me out ladies what do we need? Any idea is welcome :)

2 comments:

sherri said...

Love these pictures...maybe it's because I have the same ones. :)

I agree with you on the gift thing. I feel like I need to go through Kaiya's things again now that she's had her birthday and get rid of some stuff. It can quickly get out of hand...esp. right after a birthday or Christmas.

Is there a larger item that he would like that stays outdoors? That helps with the indoor challenge. Last year for Christmas, my parents got Caedmon a bike for the next season.

I also like the idea of asking for $ so you can put it toward the bigger item.

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

LOVE the pictures...we had Jaden's one year pictures taken the same way (with the cake). I love photography so anything different like that is right up my alley!!

As far as the gift...we run into the same problem with our kiddos. I recently heard a friend say that occasionally instead of giving family members lots of small ideas for birthday gifts...she has them all go in together on one gift (for example, a ride on Jeep). We thought about doing this for Eva. Her birthday is RIGHT after Christmas and she does not need ANYTHING, but she really wants a drum set (yes, I know we may be punishing ourselves). Anyway, we thought about having all of the family go in together on a drum set for her.

Just an idea!!!

Have a great week!