Thursday, August 5, 2010

Camping

Well 4 days after getting home from Chicago we headed south to go camping with part of my family! We try to go camping each summer but it doesn't always work out so we were beyond excited that it worked this year!
It was a 5 hour drive south to our camping spot! The kids did wonderful on the drive and we arrived and set up camp! It wasn't long before the cousins came over and started having fun!



Branson and Zoey...you will always find these two together and if you don't something may be wrong :)

Just a small part of the beautiful huge lake we got to enjoy!! One of my favorite parts was that my Dad brought his boat. Of course I didn't have my camera on me but both the boys went tubing! I was so proud of them! My sisters kids did as well and my sister lost her bottoms to her suit only twice while tubing. But since she is SO talented she managed to swoop them back on both times!! Love ya Jaime!!



Clear beautiful lake water!





Sweet little Ellie Pie!




Throwing rocks in the lake...you can imagine the boys love doing this!






Well thankfully we spent a lot of time in the water because it was HOT! Not just HOT but HUMID! Thankfully our camper had an air conditioner, which some people may think having an air conditioner is not true camping but it is for this girl and I am just fine with that.



Seriously does it get any cuter than this?? My mom made us all a special treat of camping cookies!!
Dad and Mom also surprised us and made supper for us every night! Seriously is that not the sweetest thing ever! I really appreciated all the hard work they did!!


Moms cookies! Yummy!



One hot and muggy evening my sweet husband built a campfire for all the kiddos to make smores!! He was drenched by the time he was down :)



Two Peas in Pod!



Dawson, Logan, and Garett drew out a whole star wars land they want to build someday! Love these boys imaginations :)


Sweet Gracie!

One of my favorite nights was a night our families took turns going out on the boat tubing and then came back to the beach area to enjoy a refreshing swim as the sun set! It was such a beautiful night. We literally stayed until the DNR showed up to get everyone off the beach!! It was so much fun and lots of great memories made!

Our super cooperative little girl who just went with the flow the entire week! She napped when she could and wherever we were at. She ate anywhere we sat her! She did so remarkable!! She is one happy baby!


Seriously these kids get together and have so much fun! I love their imaginations. One day I saw them all walking around with their sunglasses on and I asked what they were doing. They were secret super spies don't ya know!! I had to get a picture! I love Zoey's sErIoUs face in this picture :)

Enjoying another meal!



Now this picture will be forever remembered because of what kind of hat it is. My husband was extremely desperate for a hat because he burned the top of his head :) Go Bucks :)



Lots of lovin from Nana and Papa! Now do you see where Elliana gets her dark skin :)




It was so hot out that we would find Branson playing over at the water source!! Smart Kid

Dad and Dawson enjoying a bike ride!



Our last night camping we enjoyed another campfire making smores and pudgie pies!! It was actually not as hot this night so it was pretty enjoyable!



On the last day there this sweet boy turned 7!!!! Among all the packing up we managed to squeeze in a mini party for him!!

It was a surprise so out came the kiddos with party hats and blowers!! Dawson loved it!


When camping you use what you have and so here is his oreo cakster b-day cake!!


We sang Happy Birthday and let him blow out his candle...

and he opened some gifts all in a matter of 5 minutes and then we hit the open road!! It was the fastest but most meaningful ?!?! b-day party yet!!
I am so thankful for a family close by to enjoy these precious life moments with!! Thank you guys for making it such an enjoyable time! And boy I am ever happy to be showering in my own bathroom now!!






























1 comment:

sherri said...

What a beautiful lake! I love camping too and I'm with ya on the air conditioners being a must. :)

Happy 7th, Dawson!