Last Thursday Dawson started first grade!! I had to throw in the picture above! This was taken at his cousins house and he loved sitting at their desk. Who would have know how fast the next 6 years would fly by and I would be taking a picture again at his first grade desk :)Can I just say I was SO excited Dawson got Mr. Guthrie as a teacher! He had my nephew last year so I feel like I know him already by what my sister-in-law has shared with me. She had nothing but wonderful things to say about him so I am beyond excited that Dawson gets to be in his class this year!! The first day of school Mr. Guthrie was so excited to see the kids and give them hugs and welcome them to first grade. It was so sweet to watch and I had zero tears as I left!! I knew he was going to have a great day! At pickup time Dawson shared more with me than he has in a long time! He loved his first day of school! I think one of his favorite things from that day was that they could earn pennies to use in a skittle machine!! How fun is that. Can I go to first grade as well???
All morning Dawson kept reminding me that he really really wanted a picture of him at his desk holding Elliana! How sweet!! I think he will always love her!
Well the first two days of school have been a success!!! Now Branson can't wait till his preschool starts!!

1 comment:
Can you believe we have first graders???!! Dawson looks so handsome and grown up. So glad you are pleased and excited about his teacher. That is a great blessing!
Post a Comment