I am not sure what happened but last month my baby boy turned 7!! Man I love this kid! He comes up to my chest now and has not slowed down growing his entire life!! He will be a tall and strong boy!!
My mom made these awesome cookies and all the cupcakes and cake!
Thank you so much mom!!
We had a wonderful day filled with lots of family and great memories! We are so blessed to be surrounded with such wonderful people!!
At age 7 Dawson weighs 63lbs. and is 51 3/4 inches tall!! He wears a size 4 1/2 shoe! He wears a size 8 in pants! He eats just about anything and everything not a picky eater at all! He still has one of the best imaginations I have ever seen! He loves loves loves his baby sister and his brother (most days)?!?! He thrives being on a schedule! He still loves anything to do with animals. He does very well in school! He is an awesome protector to his little siblings always making sure they follow the rules and stay safe! He has an unlimited amount of energy! He has a sweet and sincere heart! He is confident in who God made him to be. He loves to laugh. He is not easily swayed by peers! He is into star wars and super mario brothers. He is one creative little boy! He is a thinker! He remembers EvErYtHiNg, I mean things I totally forgot he remembers! He does not like to get rid of ANYTHING! He is such a joy to be in our family!!
Our prayer for him is that he continues to serve God each and everyday. We pray he continues to have a servant heart and that he may know the power of God and the power in His Word!!
One thing I strongly want to work on this year with Dawson is the power of his words!! I believe very strongly that our words have creative ability. I spoke about this back here. We need to take captive every word we say! One prayer that I LoVe comes from the book "The power of a praying parent" by Stormie Omartian. The prayer is....
Lord,
I pray that Dawson will choose to use speech that glorifies You. Fill his heart with your Spirit and Your truth so that what overflows from his mouth will be words of life and not death. Put a monitor over his mouth so that every temptation to use profane, negative, cruel, hurtful, uncaring, unloving, or compassionless language would pierce his spirit and make him feel uncomfortable. I pray that obscene or foul language be so foreign to him that if words like that ever do find their way through his lips, they will be like gravel in his mouth and he will be repulsed by them. Help him to hear himself so that words don't come out carelessly or thoughtlessly.
Keep him from being snared by the words of his mouth. You've promised that "whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles" (Proverbs 21:23). Help him to put a guard over his mouth and keep far away from adversity. Your Word says that "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit"(Proverbs 18:21). May he speak life and not death. May he be quick to listen and slow to speak so that his speech will always be seasoned with grace. Equip him to know how, what, and when to speak to anyone in any situation. Enable him to always speak words of hope, health, encouragement, and life, and to resolve that his mouth will not sin. Amen!!!
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things." Matthew 12:36-37
"But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgement. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." Matthew 12:36-37
"Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
"There is one who speaks like the piercings of the sword, but the tongue of the wise promotes health." Proverbs 12:18

1 comment:
What a fun theme and adorable cookies!!! Your mom is amazing!
Loved that prayer.
Post a Comment